Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

update on power option issues...two down, two to go...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by buckmeister2, Dec 1, 2012.

1. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

2001 silverado 1500 LT Z71 ex-cab stepside

with help from you guys, the tow/haul is now working, as are the power mirrors. thanks, everyone (j cat put in extra help, thanks)

still have no cruise control ("cruise" light goes on when button is pushed, but cruise does not engage), and no electronic 4x4 (dash icon does not light up, and 4wd is not engaging).

there are no brake issues I am aware of, no warning lights, etc. the brakes do need replacement, but still working, without excess wear.

i know the gm electronic 4wd has weak spots at the actuator and encoder, but I do not have a scanner, or the $ to go to GM to get it read so i can find out which it is. is one easier to change out than the other?

anymore help out there?

buckmeister
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

They do, and that problem might stop the indicator light from working. I'm not familiar with the 4x4 indicators in your style truck, I assume, from your description, that you should get an indicator light in the dash. Usually the "ok, we're in 4x4" signals should come from the transfer case control module (TCCM).

Again, I don't know your truck, my last 2 trucks used a rotary switch to select 4x4, these switches often had dirty wipe contacts that could be cleaned, or, the switch could be replaced.

The TCCM tells the electro-mechanical parts to go into 4x4 mode, it then receives a signal(s) tell it that each part is in place. Perhaps one of the parts is not in place and therefore, not returning the "ready" signal.
  3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

my guess is the ignition 1 fuse 10A is the problem. IGN 1 10A.