1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Update on the Chevy Volt

Discussion in 'Chevy Volt Forum' started by ChevyFan, Dec 24, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, that's kind of nice to read. It's looking like a cute little car and if they don't make it as expensive as any other 'new' product I think it should sell well.
  3. Sir Charles

Sir Charles New Member

This will be a great commuter to and from work car.
  4. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Best commuter concept ever. It's good they are still trying to keep it on schedule.
  5. Sir Charles

Sir Charles New Member

I hope it does as it will give a run for its money in their new hybrids.
  6. mhevezi

mhevezi Rockstar

Good to hear that the Volt is still on target. I firmly believe that the Volt has so much momentum right now that dispite GM's financial woes, it will make it to production in 2010. Personally, I hope they bring that concept to market sooner than late 2010, but either way I am excited for the Volt.

I read a concept article about a Volvo that was built and configured just as the Volt (although the concept Volvo used a diesel turbine engine to charge the batteries), and thought that was a fantastic idea. That was like 1991 and I was really bummed that no company had the cajones to bring that concept to market. But, I was stoked to see the Volt concept and I applaud GM for building it. I have and will always be a fan of GM, dispite some real stinkers of cars and engines. (anyone remember the 4-cyl Tech4 motor? what a pile of crap!) The 1st gen Luminas? Cutlass Cierras? Ugh! GM has laid some eggs in the past, but they have had some awesome success along the way, too.

-Fastest production car in the US in 1987 - the VERY limited edition Buick GNX (I got to drive one! #440)

-The Buick 231 V6 (3.8l) is a fantastic engine, smooth, powerful and great gas milage!

-Any and all Corvettes- especially the newest ZR1. So what if the interior isn't super plush, it spanks anything even close to it's price.

-The new Pontiac G8 is freaking awesome! (even if it is an updated Holden)

-And of COURSE, the Chevy/GMC truck line. I'm on my 2nd Silverado and although my '83 5.0L V8 only made like 140hp, and was less than cutting edge, it took so much abuse from me, and just begged for more. My '04 Silvy and I are good friends and I don't see that changing for a long time.

I hope GM gets their act together and becomes the global giant they once were. I think they got stuck in a modern, globo-economic climate with somewhat old-school business ideals, and I would bet all my nickels that they will go into bankruptcy, and restructure their debt and come out stronger on the other side. I just hope they understand that the world is changing and they need to change with it.

Back to the original topic, I think the Volt will bring GM back to the top of the food chain. They have MUCH bigger plans for that drivetrain, outside just a small, family commuter.
  7. Sir Charles

Sir Charles New Member

Good to hear that the Volt will make it to production.