Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Update

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by asstda2b, Sep 9, 2008.

1. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Ok, I have been missing for a while. I have a couple of udates.

First, all those who wanted to see the Silverado reach 500,000. sorry it is not going to happen. My brother was taking his girlfriend home on Saturday night, and while going about 40 mph, a 2005 Chevy Colarado came down the street, hit our truck, sending gus (my brother) out of control. then the Colarado hit a parked car, then hit a wall. Oh, but then the driver of the truck got out and ran, leaving his truck. The guy totaled our truck. we have a rollpan on the back, so he hit the bed when he rear ended Gus. It was not a stright rear end, the guy hit from the middle over, so the side of the bed buckled, shifting the bed up and into the cab of the truck. the whole frame is bend to crap. The Silverado has a 4/6 drop and the Colarado was stock so he hit up towards the middle of the tail light. Truck died. May it rest in peace.

Julio Guzman...i am on a hunt for. the truck had all his mail, construction tools, cell phone. If he ran, he will not come back to claim the truck (that would mean he would have come forward). plus, his truck went to police impound. anyone who knows out here, that truck was cleaned out within an hour of being at impound. I am so frsutrated as, if any of us ran from an accident, we would have already been arrested and put in jail. Well, we got the little card from police saying felony hit and run. now, we have to wait for our uninsured motorist to kick in so they can pay out our truck as totaled. darn darn darn. This is why I can't wait to move the heck out of Los Angeles. HE RAN, THE GUY RAN. I have a rfriend at the attorney service through our firm, and they are running everything on him, his plate. everything.

On a more serious note, I suffer from TN. It is a disease that almost no one knows about or heard of. I am coming out of remission, so I am not sure when i will be around on here. I will try to check in still be apart of the Chevy family. Below is a description of what i have that i pulled from the web for you.

TN is:

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) is a nerve disorder of unknown origin that causes sudden shock-like facial pains, typically near the nose, lips, eyes or ears. It is said to be the most excruciatingly painful human condition in the world. The disorder, also called tic douloureaux, is named for the three-part (trigeminal) nerve that supplies sensations to all parts of the face. TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) is a disorder of the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve that causes episodes of intense, stabbing, electric shock-like pain in the areas of the face where the branches of the nerve are distributed - lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead, upper jaw, and lower jaw. Onset of symptoms occurs most often after age 50, but cases are known in children and even infants. Something as simple and routine as brushing the teeth, putting on makeup or even a slight breeze can trigger an attack, resulting in sheer agony for the individual. Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is not fatal, but it is universally considered to be the most painful affliction known to medical practice. By many, it's called the "suicide disease." Trigeminal Neuralgia is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that TN, or a subtype of TN, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population. It is estimated that 1 in 15,000 people suffer from TN, although those numbers may be significantly higher due to frequent misdiagnosis. 1 in 5,000 are thought to suffer from some type of facial pain. The exact cause of TN is not fully understood.

I have had a lot of fun on here. I am not leaving, but just will be on a lot less. Oh, and I am really sorry about how long this is.

Stephanie

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Damn Stephanie! I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune as well as your painful disease. I personally wish you the best of luck during this frustrating time while waiting for justice to prevail. Remain as positive as you can and please do stop by as often as you can and give us updates.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

As bad as the accident sounds, your medical condition makes it seem kind of trivial (not that it is). I do hope things look up for you and that you can get out of L.A. soon.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Stephanie-

Am totally new to the forums. Only been on a little more than a week or two.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. The Silverado... was this the one that was stolen and torn apart?? It's just got bad luck written all over it. It looks like you may still have the trailbrazer?

Hope things get a little better for you. Wishing you luck in getting away from LA. Have been there once and although I appreciate the ppl that like living there, it was just total hell for me.

Keep on keepin' on,

5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow that awful about the truck and I'm sorry to hear about your disease. I wish you the best of luck.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know that when it rains it feels like it's pouring as well. I hope all the best for you as you march forward.

My wife had a nice little '99 Pontiac Sunfire that was hit by someone several years ago and totaled. The guy tried to reverse out and run, but his truck broke down a couple blocks away. Needless to say, some bystanders cornered him and forced him back to the accident scene. No license, no insurance, wasn't able to speak english ... all the recipe for an undocumented alien. Turns out that about 25 people were registered to live in his "house" where the truck was registered ... it was a 1000 square foot house ... a "drop house" if you will. So, if he ran that's a possibility. Sorry to hear that this is going on all over the country these days.

7. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Thanks everyone. It really means a lot. Yeah, the Silverado is the same one that was stolen. Sean and I talk all the time about keeping our house in Valencia but moving to another state. We have to start looking around. Anyone have any sugestions? It has to be somewhat near an airport so he can fly in to California every week for work. he works two and half days each week. One officer flys in from Georgia weekly. it will be nice having a California income on another states standard of living. I thought maybe vermont, but i would have to raise my Tb back up. hahaha.

8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Head North to Oregon or Washington. You still have the coast and mild winters and not so hot and dry. Maybe certain climates are better than others for your TN. My Mom has problems with Psoriatic Arthritis and when she travels to a warmer, drier climate like in Arizona, it makes her feel better.