Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Updates Updates going to happen later today

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, May 29, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There are some updates that will be applied later today. We're going to have something called the "Activity Stream" which will show all activity on the site, not just "new posts" that are made. This will also have a tab that sticks on your profile so people can see all of your activity just for you on your profile page.

I'm going to get this done on my lunch break, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best. :)

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Is there a way to deactivate or hide the activity stream?

4. SurrealOne

I'd like to second this question. The activity stream shows not only my activity but that of my friends ... which I have a lot of, here. That makes it basically useless to me, as I might as well just read the forums (which I already do). Moreover, I can see activity streams potentially used for online stalking type activities if it contained only our own activities (and not those of our listed friends) ... so I'd hope that we have the option to turn it off. Not that I'm being stalked or anything, but it's a privacy issue...

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

"Moreover, I can see activity streams potentially used for online stalking type activities if it contained only our own activities "

↑2nd that↑

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Excellent question. Although I will need AMac's assistance or Surrealone's to figer out how to do it when it can be done.

7. SurrealOne

Right now I see no way to do it.

8. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

well I am relieved, I think

9. SurrealOne

I'd be more relieved if the 'feature' were removed until the problems with it are worked out.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's showing information that is open and available to everyone anyhow, it just pulls it together in one place. Not sure how that's a privacy issue, it's only showing information that you have freely posted to an open website. If you want it to be private then send a private message to the other user.

I do agree that there isn't a lot of value in showing other users's comments in the activity stream on your own profile, when they're not trying to directly post and/or directly communicate with you. I'll see if there is something that can be done about that. I think the goal was the mimic the facebook style of activity stream where you are notified of what your friends are doing. This is more beneficial for forums with hundreds of thousands of members, so you can dial in on what your friends are doing on the site.