1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Updates: Painted Bowtie and LED DRL's

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by dsrtne1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Painted my billet bowtie dark blue to match the body of the truck and installed my LED daytime running lights. Here's the pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a good comparison picture of the LED's and a standard white sylvania incandescent:

[​IMG]

And a picture of when I unlock it in the dark:

[​IMG]

I really like the way the bowtie and lights came out. The LED's aren't as noticeable in the bright daylight as the incandescents but they are a good color and they look pretty sweet. Thanks to TRPLXL2 for educating me on the LED's!!!!
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks clean ties in better with the paint
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

NICE! I knew you would like those LED DRL, at night time they look wild though. I think a lot of those LED's are lighter in the day time, I know my halo's were like that too. You could hardly tell that they were on sometimes, but at night time they look awesome. They are definately nice and crisp now, and the bowtie looks real good. I am going to be putting my LED DRL in pretty soon, I am waiting for one more part to come in and I'll be good to go.

Another thing that might help you in the daytime with those DRL's is the housing, I bought a set of crystal corners or clear corners for my truck. They have a really reflective housing, so when you put the LED's in those it magnifies the brightness even in daylight. Once I get mine done I will put some pictures up on here, congratulations on your new mods! :party::party::party:
  4. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks real good, I really like the painted bowtie. I don't have DRL, but this makes me wish I did! :happy:
  5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

great job, i was going to do this also, but i was going to wire the drl to a switch so i could use them as extra lights at night
  6. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Thats a good idea but that would definetly be for looks at night. The LED's are bright they just dont have the same type of beam as normal bulbs and have almost no range. My dad has a lot of led flashlights and its the smae thing with those. Usually the beams dont extend beyond a few feet. I cant think of a good word for it but at night they are most definetly be for looks.

Thanks to everyone else for the nice posts.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for the nice posts. Your post was nice too 5speedsilverado lol.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  7. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks real good!!
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks good
  9. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

10. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i saw the LED's on a truck today, it looks great, but is it illegal to put white LED's in the front turn signals?