Updating Door Panels

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Zink, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Zink

Zink New Member

I have a 1978 Chevy K-10. I am wanting to add a new school touch on the interior and have the classic exterior. I was wondering if it is possible to put newer door panels from like a 2000 silverado on my door shell? I have been searching all over the net for such a modification or a similar question and no luck. I dont want to have to resort to a complete fiberglass interior so any information will greatly be appreciated.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

honestly lowrider guys do this the most, I used to be into the scene and there is some crazy stuff you can do for cheap, this was 12 years ago but i am sure you can find it. You would be surprised how well a dash from a mid 80 camaro or firebird can be motified to go into an S-10. it may be tough to find it but i KNOW its out there somewhere, good luck. Try the archives in truck trends, truckin or lowrider

3. Zink

Zink New Member

I got some panels being delivered this weekend, comming from a 2001 silverado, from the pictures and the guys measurements it seems quite possible with minimal modification. Ill post pictures of the process and the success/failure.