Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upgrade a blazer 4.3l v6 vortec: Supercharger kit or turbo kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by blazerbrazil, Nov 13, 2012.

1. blazerbrazil

blazerbrazil New Member

I´m from Brazil.

My car is a Chevrolet Blazer 2002 with Vortec 4.3L V6. Chevrolet sold some blazers here with just some adaptations in the exterior and with this 4.3L engine made by Vortec. The engine is the same of your in USA or Canada. But I don´t know why, they have reduced a lot the power of it here. Maybe the brazilian legislation or other rules forced Chevrolet to change some settings of this engine. The result is a Vortec 4.3L V6 with just 192 HP.

I´ve been searching all over the internet, in some brazilian forums and others places, for informations about upgrading this engine and making it just like in USA, with Supercharger or TwinTurbo, what would be better. I heard about Syclone and Typhoon, which came originally with this same engine but a lot more powerfull. I saw some people saying that this 4.3L Vortec is very huge and can run more than 300HP. It is a shame to have this engine in my car with just 192HP.

I am able to import some parts from USA and ask my mechanic here to install and adjust everything.

I need some help to know what is the best solution for my truck, if it is the supercharger or the turbo kit, and what kit do i have to buy. My intention is not to build a tremendous machine and take the risk to have a lot of maintenance and breakups. The idea is to have a more powerful car but also safe and durable.

See bellow attached some pictures of my car and specially the engine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Vinicius

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Very nice truck, welcome to the site.

The Canadian and US trucks do not have superchargers, or turbochargers, just V6 engines with throttle bodies.

You may have some tougher clean air laws that lower the hp; but, I am going to suggest the engines are the same and that the South American way of determining the hp may be different.

Edit: I just checked the US GMC 2013 Sierra 4.3 V6 specs. For 2013, GM is rating the 4.3 as 195 hp in the US. Your truck is rated the same as the US trucks.

Perhaps I have misunderstood your question.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

If you really want to spend the money for a kit (Over $3,000USD) they do make them.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

a turbo at a low boost setting would work and be cheap (relativly).

200 horse for a v6 isnt really bad. the 4.3 isnt a real powerhouse, but it makes decent power, is very reliable, and has alot of torque for its size.

Alex