1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upgrade Headlight Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by JesseJames.A, Jan 7, 2011.

1. JesseJames.A

JesseJames.A New Member

I need some help fellas!
    I just bought and mounted my new Anzo Usa 2007-2008 projector with halos with an HID kit, now the problem i have is with the mounting.
    for some reason the mounted bulb sticks out and is pressing up against a bar thats mounted to my truck, its causing the bulbs to be out of whack, so i can not adjust them properly so at night u can see how bad they are messed up.

i will upload some pics to show u my dilema

first are the pics that show the rubber protector cone cover up against the bar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres the bar, front view
    [​IMG]

and this one is a back view
    [​IMG]

and these i pushed back the rubber cone to show the bulb up against the bar/bracket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i circled the bulb base.

if yall have any input i would greatly appreciate it, i need all the help i can get, i love the way it looks and i hope i can make it right.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

looking at the pics all i can think of is notching the bracket so that the end of the light will slide in. looks to be below the bolt so as long as nothing structural it may work.
  3. JesseJames.A

JesseJames.A New Member

would that affect anything? kinda scuuured to mess with my truck like that. maybe very, very, very last resort.
  4. dsfloyd

I would agree with it being iffy and kinda a last ditch effort (I try not to do too much hacking on my truck either) just the only thing I could think of from the pics.. since it looks like a boxed in bar bracket with welds Im assuming it is for something structural. What does the bar go to? Unfortunately the HID's being a longer bulb make for a longer housing so you cant do much to the Light housing to fix that.
  5. JesseJames.A

JesseJames.A New Member

i was hoping that i could find a different bulb with a shorter base, but after talking to a few pros, they told me that all of them r the same length (im guessing they r right, i mean they r the pros), i also thought about cutting off the rubber [​IMG], would affect anything?
  6. dsfloyd

Ok I think I see the problem a little better. you can get rid of the gromet you have circled. It is there to keep out condesation but those bulbs make a good sea against the housing so really shouldnt be a problem. I dont have the grommets making a great seal on the ones in my wifes car and havent seen an issue. that and originally I thought the larger part hitting the bar was hard plastic and not a rubber housing. So I would say yeah cut the grommet off of the wiring first and go from there.
  7. JesseJames.A

JesseJames.A New Member

well i think the red black wires and the gromet only add to the length(im hoping) im hoping that after(if it is ok) i remove the gromet i will have the little room i need, just enough to adjust them. i there has to be other on here with these same light on the same truck and i hope someone let me know what they did.
  8. asu4cjustice

asu4cjustice New Member

I am thinkign of the Anzo lights... let me know what you have figured out...