1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

upgraded fuel spider

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by chevyguy1414, Feb 19, 2013.

1. chevyguy1414

chevyguy1414 New Member

Im going to replace my spider with an upgraded one. Here are the ones i found:
    BWD part # 63886
    DELPHI Part # FJ10566
    ACDELCO Part # 2173029
    I just want to know which one is the best. The price is not a big deal I just want to know what you guys have used and what is going to give me the best results as far as fuel economy and power. I'm obviously going to do all the gaskets when i replace it.
    Thanks
    -Ethan
    [TABLE="class: table-prod-info-block"]
    [TR="class: topTD"]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

GM trucks love GM parts. So I would go with the Delco. I have not done this upgrade yet but looking it to it the Delco had amazing reviews people saying it breathed new life to their truck or they gained a couple mpg.
  3. chevyguy1414

chevyguy1414 New Member

yea thats what ive always heard too. i take back what i said on the cost tho. the delco is about 150$ more than the others and i would rather not go that high. im leaning towards the delphi i think
  4. Conlan Rose

Look on amazon you will save a lot and its direct from Delco with free shipping. What year truck is this? As well as engine and model.

- - - Updated - - -

$323.31 on amazon for the part. I have same engine and year as you just checked part#. $100 more than delphi but your saving over 600 compared to a dealer or store.
  5. chevyguy1414

chevyguy1414 New Member

i dint even think of that. your probably right that's the way to go. thank you
  6. Conlan Rose

No problem love to help out :smile:
  7. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member 100 Posts

iv done this upgrade on my 4.3. unless your current fuel injection has issues, dont expect major improvement. cant improve on whats not broke.

i recommend doing the swap reguardless because it will defrease the chance of carbon buildup on the injections a LOT. and in the long run it will be more efficent.
  8. chevyguy1414

chevyguy1414 New Member

yea my truck idles pretty rough and it smells like un burnt fuel when its idling and it pops and shutters when it idles. It also is pretty low on power. I'm pretty sure its this spider and I'm gonna do cats next. Thanks for the replies
  9. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member 100 Posts

you sure yoru tuneup stuff like plugs and wires/cap/roter are all upto snuff right?
  10. chevyguy1414

chevyguy1414 New Member

Yea I had to replace my distributer about 6 months ago and It came with a cap and rotor. I also did wires shortly before that but I exchanged them for better ones when i did the distributer because I noticed the old ones shorting out. The only thing is I was way tight on funds and bought the cheapest stuff I could to get me on the road again. but when i orded the spider yesterday I ordered acdelco cap rotor and wires. So hopefully she will run like a top.