1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upgraded to a 2012 Silverado Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by GrizzlyTN, Apr 20, 2012.

1. clhaggett

clhaggett New Member

Never expected to see someone who lived near Milan on here. My dad was stationed there in the early 80's and of course we lived near Lavinia (sp) and the post office was the size of a kitchen.
  2. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

I never thought of doing that. That's genius! I'm going to try it today on my way home from work. Did you notice if it impacted the mpg at all? I'm curious to see the results.
  3. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

Do the 2012 models have the 8 cyl cutout? If so, duals are gonna sound like crap when it runs on 4 cyl. Mine does that so I got the Diablo to do away with that feature. Well worth the $350 for that plus I can do shift points and speedo calibrations. Im new here so you may already have know all this.
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Really nice looking truck. Congrats. When I bought mine it was brand new as well and was the nicest thing I'd bought as well. Now I have the mod bug, but I love my truck. Glad to hear you do as well.
  5. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

Hermatage, TN east side of Nashville Aug 4th- look up Southern regional truck meet GMCErica

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Lived Milan and Jax for 10 years ,2008 temper, stress and smart @$$ boss didn't get along , found myself unemployed middle of recession. Sold everthing moved down here and stayed with my sister for awhile
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

MPG is not good in stop and go anyway, never checked for a change. Probably wouldn't be much different.
  7. GrizzlyTN

GrizzlyTN Rockstar 100 Posts

DEFINITELY made a difference using the tow button. It shifts better but it makes it shift noticeably harder.

I still think they should be able to program the 5.3V8 6speed transmission to be FAST and SMOOTH....... without having to buy an extra programmer anyway.