1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upgrades ~ added Wheel Well Moldings and LTZ Rims (Photos)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by jeffsZ71, Aug 22, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. jeffsZ71

jeffsZ71 New Member

Just like to get some opinions on the Wheel Well Moldings and the LTZ Rims. I'm also going to install a 2" leveling kit. IMAG0017.jpg IMAG0015.jpg
  2. 01SilveradoBeast

01SilveradoBeast New Member

I think it looks good, especially with that dark blue.
  3. jeffsZ71

jeffsZ71 New Member

Thanks for the input.
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The LTZ wheels look really good. The chrome around the wheel wells is not my taste, but its your truck.

When you do the level take the lower air dam off. It will give it a more beefy look.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My thoughts as well. Beautiful looking truck [MENTION=62729]jeffsZ71[/MENTION]! Have you thought about removing the "Z71" decals to give it a cleaner look?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Very nice The wheels set it off....
  7. jeffsZ71

jeffsZ71 New Member

Are they hard to get off?
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Shouldn't be. They are just decals. A heat gun or even a hair drier will help soften the adhesive and you just pull them off.
  9. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would leave it just as is. The chrome well well moldings look good on a dark colored truck like yours. Do you have the chrome tailgate handle as well?

IMO leveling kits are not that noticeable in the 2", and they throw off your suspension geometry. So in the end you end up spending ~$200(kit + install + alignment) for very little to nothing.
  10. McClintoc

Kind of a moot point. The same can be said for a lot of mods people do to their vehicles. Plenty of mods are done "just for looks."