1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upgrades To My Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyBoy2009, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys...i just wanted to share what ive all done to my truck in the last couple weeks...got a chrome bull bar...towing mirrors...and some new shiny wheels:great:...here are some pics...enjoy!(trucks alittle dirty)...let me kno what you guys think!

Random pics 325.jpg Random pics 326.jpg Random pics 327.jpg Random pics 328.jpg Random pics 329.jpg Random pics 330.jpg Random pics 331.jpg
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The additions look nice. And you posted plenty of pics. That's awesome. I've toyed with the idea of tow mirrors myself, but I'm not sure yet. Did you install them yourself?
  3. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mirrors are easy to change, and i will be getting them on my truck when i can find a good reliable set to purchase, i want the OEM for strength and i know they will be made right, but i can't justify the price. I will be getting them painted to match so they will end up being a $800 set of mirrors.

To replace the mirrors just pop off the cover on right on the door, take out the insulation foam, unplug the mirror, and then take the 3 nuts off the studs of the mirror, and then put the new mirror on, and reverse the directions. IF the cable connection isn't behind the foam, then you may need to take your door interior panel off and peel back the plastic moisture guard, it will be in there somewhere.
  4. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

The upgrades really changed the look of the truck. You still thinking of possibly putting wheel spacers?
  5. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Definitely looking sweet. I'll let you slide on the truck being dirty because the wheels are nice and shiny, and the truck only looks dirty in one of the pics.

I like the debadged look on your truck too!

I noticed you have a front plate and the bull bar. Can you take a shot from the front so I can get a better look? This was an idea I was toying with but decided not to because of my front plate. Which manuf. did you go with for this accessory?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So wait ... someone who likes getting muddy on ATV's just complained a truck was dirty in one pic ... and let him slide on the others? It's his truck! If you don't like it, offer to wash it for him!!!

Maybe I'll take pics of my truck when dirty from now, onward, just to see your reaction. LOL
  7. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

I only said it because ChevyBoy2003 said in his original post "(trucks alittle dirty)". It was hardly dirty. Maybe he's crazy like me when it comes to dirt on the truck :neutral:

Getting your truck dirty is too much work...to much area...lol

Overall I think mud looks good on any truck with all-terrain or knobby tires. If I ever put some on the lawn ornament she may see mud on occasion.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ive toyed with tow mirrors/bull bar/brush guard. just not sure on the timing.

Alex
  9. ChevyBoy2009

i dont mind my truck being dirty but i figured if i was taking pics of it,you guys might wanna see it clean!...not sure on the brand of the bull bar,i picked it up on craigslist for 100 bucks,but i gotta admit its very sturdy and looks well built.Ill get a good pic of the front when it stops raining.These towing mirrors i got from 1AAUTO are very well built,the mirror doesnt bounce or anything and i paid 230.00 shipped(FOR THE PAIR) to my house for them.Also they are very easy to change,i had to remove the door panel to get to the connection in my truck...but my bros 02 chevy you just had to remove the cover,pull the foam and theres the connection.

MTM-im not sure what im going to do...what do you think?...the back wheels look like they stick out farther than the front but thats just me
  10. ChevyBoy2009

hey guys im back with another upgrade...i got a AFE CAI for the truck now...i got it off craigslist for 100 bucks...only been used for about a year,and the guy cleaned it before i got it.I love the noise it makes under the hood now.Believe it or not it actually made the exhaust alittle bit louder when you get on it.

549272_10150773823554311_500694310_9376753_1491694836_n.jpg