Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

upgrades

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by antoni-chevy, Aug 1, 2010.

1. antoni-chevy

antoni-chevy New Member

Hey Everyone,

I just bought a 2010 Silverado 1500, I got the towing package and stupid me forgot to get the brake controller and of course the dealer didnt catch it either.. Does anyone know of a good brake gain controller I could get?

Also, I decided after the fact of course that I want bluetooth, is it an easy upgrade I could do myself or do I need a whole new radio unit?

Thanks for the help.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I believe you need a whole new radio... As to the brake controller, i am sure you have a good shop that installs towing parts, and sells them as well. I would honestly ask them since it seems that there are a ton of different makers of brake controlers.
    And If you want the "factory" look i would see if the dealer can install the controller as an option??

3. antoni-chevy

antoni-chevy New Member

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Its been a busy summer... Does GM have an official website for GM parts? I found a variety on google but all look to be third party. If not do you know of a good one to buy stock/original parts?

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hey, man. Hopefully this will help you out.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/2009/Silverado/
    As far as Bluetooth goes, I think Antoni got it right. You're going to have to buy a new head unit (unless there is an after market adapter that I don't know about).

5. antoni-chevy

antoni-chevy New Member

After doing some more research and taking to the parts dept at my dealer, i found out Im better off with an after market brake controller. As for the bluetooth, the dealer does have an add-on/module you can add to your existing radio, which looks like the the same thing as the post from the avalanche club forum. The dealer said it takes about 4 hours to install.