upgrades

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Two issues for today.

1) We're upgrading the photo gallery, the web host has caused a problem again and I am locked out from upgrading one of the directories, so I have to wait for them to fix it. Hopefully it should provide a tighter integration when it's all done, we may be down 24 hours w/o a photo gallery though.

ALL PHOTOS UPLOADED TO THE NEW PHOTO GALLERY TODAY WILL NOT BE SAVED. It's not yet fully upgraded.

2) Next week we're moving to a server on the web host that should speed things up about 2x or 3x what they are now. It's a quad-core machine with some good numbers on it. YEAH!

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cool. It's all about the need for speed........

3. ChevyFan

I got word that we'll be moving to the new server next Friday night to Saturday morning. It's possible we'll be down upwards of 8 hours, but 4 hours or less is probable.

We are currently running Dual Core processors, but after the upgrade all servers will be running on the latest Quad Core technology. You should notice a faster load time for your site, almost no downtime, and a better performance all the way around.

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hope the navigation will improve I have to push the back button five or six times. This became an issue a couple of weeks ago. :go:

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Me too, Peter. The adverts don't always work over on the right hand side too.

6. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was mad at having to hit the back button twice. Guess it's not so bad as you guys having to hit it 5 times. :biggrin:

7. ChevyFan

?? I don't know what you're referring to. Someone explain please.

8. ChevyFan

This is a bug from Google. They are working on the issue, but millions of pages are like that right now until they get it fixed.

9. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well if I enter a forum and then wish to go "back", I have to hit the" back" button a few times for it to register that I want to go "back". If I just hit it once and wait for a couple mins sometimes it still wont go back. But hitting it a couple times makes it alot faster.

10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks Final, exactly whats happening. As for the Google thing thanks Steve. Malfunctioning Google...What is this world coming too.