1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

upgrades

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by gmmechanic, May 5, 2012.

1. gmmechanic

gmmechanic New Member

i have a 2004 silverado 5.3liter z71 regular cab. i am looking to do some upgrades i have done a cold air intake. I am looking to install a leveling kit and i was wondering what the best route was to go towards. i also want to wake the motor up and was wonderingn what the best option was to go towards
  2. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

I dunno about leveling kits.....Id say they are all about the same. Not too awful many ways to make a leveling kit except for difference in heights. I think they make a 2.5 but not sure. I went with a lift instead. As far as power.....Im running a Diablo Predator. It wakes one up. Id liked to have had this before Iput a lift on it....woulda been eatn Fords n s***'n Dodges!
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I have a 03 Silverado 1500 and i have a CAI and RC Leveling kit and a bunch of other stuff...check out my photos in my profile!
  4. gmmechanic

gmmechanic New Member

thanks for the advise i was nthinking about doing a program. i want a lift but i dont have the money for one yet so i was going to use the leveling kit until i got could aford the lift kit. if you guys know any engine mods i am looking to do some engine work also
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would definitely get a cold air intake.I just this past weekend put a Volant CAI on my truck. I can definitely tell a noticeable difference in the way it runs. I would also get a exhaust system. I personally am running a Flowmaster, but there are many other good kinds like Corsa, Barola, and Magnaflow. Then I would also get a tuner. I'm plan on getting a Diablo Trinity, but there are other kinds of Diablos. It depends on what you are looking to spend. Good look with your mods. those would definitely wake your truck up.