1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upgrading Aftermarket.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by stevenje98, Sep 19, 2007.

1. stevenje98

stevenje98 New Member

I just bought this 2001 Suburban K2500 4x4 , I don't like the factory CD Radio and want to install navigation unit that's 2din. I checked a few website's that tells me the opening in the dash is 1.5Din. I was told I could use some 2din units like the pioneer AVIC D3 and maybe the AVIC -Z2. Also tried a few shops that said they could do it with medications to the opening. I guess that means . lets pull out the dremel . It seems to me that a 2din could fit without modifications, at least for the Pioneer AVIC D3 has any one done this. ? if so what nav units have you used. Also this 1.5 din measures 3 7/8 x 7 7/8 or 8" with the dash trim on. Is this opening in the dash really a 2 din size for this 2001 Suburban 2500.