1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Uploading pictures doesn't seem to work

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Crawdaddy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have been trying to upload pictures to my photo album here. It'll go through everything right up until the point that I'm guessing some image engine on the backside of the server is supposed to resize my pictures to acceptable size limits. Anyways, when I upload pictures, it sits there and waits while the files get uploaded, then it dumps me to a screen saying there is a mismatched token or something and to contact my admin....
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What's the screen that you're on? What's the URL? Does it say PhotoPost? If so, what's the step-by-step that you took to get there?

Was it based on this URL? http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?u=14098
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

yep, it's based on the URL you provided. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=7 was the exact link to the upload page. It seems like it only has trouble with very large files (more than 1meg or so). My pictures I was trying to upload are about 4 megs each, but from what I understood on the upload page, there was something on the backend that would resize pictures like that to meet the allowable size and dimensions. Unfortunatley, I'm at work at the moment so I can't test it here to give EXACT details and verbage... that'll have to wait.
  4. ChevyFan

I think there is a bug on large upload files, I'll check to see if they have a fix. The server has limited memory too, but it should be able to handle that size file, although that's getting to be about 10% of the total memory.
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the same problems back when I first did my albums. I'm pretty sure after re-sizing those images that were giving me probs, they then uploaded fine.
  6. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

Last night, I had problems getting the pictures to upload as well. But, i too, had large pcitures. It would do almost everything and then at the last second, it would take me to another page and say image failed. I am fine now though.
  7. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yep, same here, it didn't like large files. Just sorta sat there for awhile and timed out with some error. Resized to 1024x768 and it uploaded and resized 'em just fine.
  8. ChevyFan

Ok, Ill take a look at the updates to see if they cover the large-upload files and I'll try to install them if they cover it. Will have to shut down the site for about 15 minutes. Hate to do it with so many folks online though.
  9. ChevyFan

Try it again. I just uploaded a 1.5 MB image, worked fine and it converted over just find as well.