1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

used 01 suburban, what oils, fluids, etc. to put in it?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by appraiser77, Apr 24, 2010.

1. appraiser77

appraiser77 New Member

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2001 Chevy Suburban with 120,000 miles on it for $6500. It's in good condition and has been well maintained. I'd like to get at least 300k miles out of it. With that being said, what kind of oils, fluids, etc., do I need to put in it? Are there any particular maintenance items I should be aware of, or take care of immediately to prevent problems down the road? Thanks for your help.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also make sure that you check the differential fluids and change them just to be safe (since you just got the truck).. Tranny filters every 30-60K miles isnt a bad idea.
    And congrats on the new rig..