1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Used Astro trouble spots??

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by raueda1, Jul 19, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. raueda1

raueda1 Member

I was considering a used AWD Astro passenger van as my multi-purpose vehicle. Then I read Consumer Reports reliability records for the Astro is horrible, regardless of year. Can anybody comment on their experiences? Any specific trouble spots or chronic problems to look out for? Thanks!

2. burbanguy

burbanguy Rockstar

We have a 94 w the Vortech and r always having problems w the fuel system. The van stays parked more than it's driven. We r actually thinking/researching on changing our fuel system over to tbi by using the vortech head adapter so we can put the tbi on the Vortech. I would honestly recommend staying away from the Astro's.

3. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

my wife had one nice van but what a piece of,,.,, stay away get the express awd

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Consumer reports is a biased publication, it's skewed not even on purpose but because of the types of people that buy/respond to it.

Used vehicles almost always come down to who owned it and how they treated it for maintenance.

5. Big B

Big B Member

I had a 2004, bought it with 80,000 drove it till 139,000, never has 'any' problems with it at all. I got in a wreck and totaled it and bought a 2004 Burban.
    I can't say anything bad about it. Just sold my 1989 4x4 burban and bought a 1992 Astro with 75,000 original miles, love it....
    Yes that's two different burbans, kept one and sold the other.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

I had a 2004, bought it with 80,000 drove it till 139,000, never has 'any' problems with it at all. I got in a wreck and totaled it and bought a 2004 Burban.
    I can't say anything bad about it. Just sold my 1989 4x4 burban and bought a 1992 Astro with 75,000 original miles, love it....
    Yes that's two different burbans, kept one and sold the other.