1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Used shocks

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tigersdl65, Aug 8, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was wanting to sell my use shocks and was wondering how to price them. They are bilstein 5100 series, and are only 2 years old.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

How many miles on them?
    Truthfully though unless you find someone really needing shocks and low on cash you'll probably have a hard time selling them.

3. Z07

Z07 Member

One of the neat things about Bilstien is their shocks aren't throw-aways. They can be rebuilt by Bilstien to good as new condition. I would suggest you get the rebuild quote from B and the price of new then subtract rebuild from new and figure that as your asking price. Then you can show the math in your ad and explain that the remaining wear left on the shocks now is basically free.