1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Users with some miles on GY DuraTrac tires opinions?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RMC_SS_LDO, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RMC_SS_LDO

RMC_SS_LDO Member

I have narrowed my tire search down to the GY DutaTrac tires, specifically the 275/70/18 version on a NNBS (2010 LTZ) Z71 with a 2" Rough Country leveling kit.

My questions are mainly how have they held up and how do they really compare to the stockers (Bridgestone Dueler). I have a bunch more miles on the OEM BS tires on our Tahoe and convinced they are pretty much crap for wear, grip, looks and noise.

My goal is to go with a taller tire (33" or more) that will give a little height to the truck and an aggressive tire, but I am concerned about them rubbing, wear, noise and grip. This is not for off-roading (maybe 20% total) and will be primarily hwy use with some winter weather thrown at it.

Thanks!

/r

Allen
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Allen, I have had my DuraTrac's for almost 20k miles and they are doing awesome. I am running the stock size 265/70 17 with a 2.25" level kit. Going from the stock GY Wrangler AT/S (crap tires) I noticed that the DuraTrac's seemed a bit larger for the same size. I have a 30 mile one way commute 5 days a week and I travel back winding country roads at 50mph. These tires are great on road and even on wet roads. Off road, I have never owned a better A/T tire. Sand, clay and loose gravel the dig till they find grip. The only negitive I can find with these tires is the lack of self cleaning they do in reverse.