1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Using engine paint on interior pieces?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by FrigginNoodles, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm a little bored at the moment and have a full can of high heat engine paint that matches the exterior of my truck and a couple cans of clear coat. I was thinking of painting some of the plastic interior pieces. My only question is do you think the engine paint will hold up, or look like crap down the road? Should I just wait and buy plastic paint? Or will this be okay if I take my time and prep the pieces really good before painting? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

NO, it will flacke off...you need interior paint...which they sell in most automotive shops !!!!!!
  3. Bummer, I was hoping if I used the correct style clear coat for the top coats that it would seal the engine paint in well enough. But I'm not going to chance it. Thanks
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Next to Auto Parts Stores......C/K Resto carries Interior Paint.