1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Utah Cop quick to tazer man

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChevyFan, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hmm, I've been mouthy before. I'd never think I was about to be tazed though.

[MEDIA]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fae_1195587967&p=1[/MEDIA]
  2. ChevyFan

allthough, I watched it again, I guess in Utah you can be arrested for not signing a ticket? (Is that true?) The kid had his hand in his pocket though when the cop told him to turn around. He started to walk away and put his hand in his pocket. Although, he wasn't told that he was under arrest at that point.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

In most states you can be arrested for refusal to sign a ticket. It's at the ticketing officers discretion.

When going through Peace Officer training your taught about escalation of force, when to use force and when not to. Then there's the grey area where you have to determine if an escalation of force is required even though the suspect may not be outwardly showing agressiveness or a weapon. It's at this point you have to make snap decisions that may or may not be correct. But every Police officers goal is to go home to his family at the end of the day, so maybe they err on the side of caution.
    Some people need a jolt of electricity to remind them they cant do what ever they want.

I spent 12 weeks in the U.S. Air Force Security school and another 10 weeks in the FBI's Glenco Georgia facility learning about law enforcement techniques in preparation for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta Ga. After attending those schools and dealing with people in the aftermath of the Atlanta bombings I have a very different view of how people should act when dealing with Law Enforcement.
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gotta love the guys who try to act badd a$$ in front of their gf's. You don't looked to tough as your screaming like a girl.
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I found that vid HILARIOUS. I bet he wont mouth off next time he gets pulled over
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  6. ChevyFan

I know a cop in nearby Burleson, TX. He said that he can taze someone when he places them under arrest and tells them to put their hands behind their backs. If they resist or look like they're about to leave, he can "give them a ride on the taze". In fact, he was in some type of tussle and had to tazer someone he was arresting who was trying to flee.
  7. ChevyFan

This video made the news again. Looking at the video the cop looks like he made a decent decision to taze him. The guy turned around and walked back with his hand in his pocket.
  8. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

i hate stuff like this, my dad is a salt lake city police officer, and this just makes police in general look bad
  9. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

did I miss something here or was the video removed? didn't see a link on this.
  10. brian704

brian704 Member

no video

i know what video you are talking about. like said above there is a gray area when it is ok to hit them with the 5 seconds of fun. but 99 percent of the time it is all good this guy deserved it he put his hand in his pocket the moment he did that he would of taken the ride. tazzen some one is so much better then the spray or of course shooting. i hate it when people see this stuff and just start giving police a bad name.
    i want to go home the same way i came to work.