1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

v6 supercharger

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by rmagni, Sep 6, 2009.

1. rmagni

rmagni Rockstar

After much consideration I have decided to go the supercharger route I like the wynjammer no oil lines to run, 6lbs of boost and appears to be a easy install only problem 08 and up 4.3's no longer have distributors they are direct ignition and no one can reprogram the ecm/tcm so I am waiting in the meantime I am going to switch from 3.23 to 3.73 gears and a limited slip hopefully that will be a boost to my anemic power.Anybody here have a Wynjammer
    Robert
  2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What kind of results did you get with your Wynjammer? Any increase in fuel efficiiency?
  3. rmagni

rmagni Rockstar

When I went to purchase it their is no software available to update the ecu/tcu so I am still waiting this is an 08 and up 4.3 issue when available I will purchase it.
  4. Goldie

I was checking their site recently and it appears there is now an ecu available for at least the 07's. You may want to take another look if you already haven't done so. Are you running the wynjammer now? If so, how do you like it?
  5. armyman1ID

armyman1ID New Member

I have a 2005 silverado with the 4.3 and I have been looking for a supercharger everywhere. It seems like they are only made for the older S10. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Armyman, welcome to the GM truck club. Right above your post they're talking about a Wynjammer supercharger for a 4.3 that works for models up to '08.
  7. Goldie

Hey Armyman - I'm now running a wynjammer. I've only got about 280 miles since it was installed so I'm still getting used to it. It does make a difference. Send me a pm if you have any questions