1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

V8 Colorado ~ Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by mark.phillips1012, Oct 26, 2009.

1. mark.phillips1012

mark.phillips1012 New Member

I own a 2009 Colorado crew cab Z71 4X4 with a V8. I have driven it for a year now and I have never seen another one on the road and have only seen two in the Chevrolet web site at dealerships for sale. Is there anyone else out there with a Colorado with a manufacturer installed V8?
  2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No, I have not heard of anyone who has. Do you have some pictures? I would like to see what it looks like.:glasses:
  3. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

thats pretty awesome you have the V8, can't say I've seen any on the road, I know they put V8's in the H3's too but those are few and few between also... I'd like to see some pics!
  4. mark.phillips1012

Pictures

I have tried three times to upload pictures but I can't seem to get them to take. I have gotten an error each time.

Mark
  5. mark.phillips1012

2009 V8 Colorado

Maybe the forth time will be the charm. Here are some of my Colorado pictures if they take.

Mark

Attached Files:

6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice truck, so give us a real world review of a V8 Colorado (MPG, power, likes, dislikes), I have been very interested in these ever since they dropped the 5.3 in!!
  7. mark.phillips1012

V8 Colorado

The gas mileage is not great, about 12 city, 15 highway. As far as power, I tow a bass boat, have had about two thirds of a pallet of St. Augustine grass in it, and I made a believer out of a guy in a Nissan 350Z in an 1/8th mile sprint. I don't think that he could believe he was looking at the tail gate of a crew cab 4X4.
    This particular truck has every option that was available in 2009 with the exception of an engine block heater, not much of a need for it in Texas.
    Chevy did it right with the V8 in the Colorado, it is an all aluminum 5.3, automatic transmission, and 410 rear gears. With the stabilitrack on, the most you will get from a pedal to the floor launch is a chirp from the limited slip rear. Without the stabilitrack on, lets just say you will keep your local tire dealership in bussiness!
    Hope this answers your questions,
    Mark
  8. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds great but very surprised with the low MPG, it does have the Fuel Management or did you get the flex fuel motor?
  9. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member 100 Posts

Nice, I have yet to see one on the road or at a dealership. How bout an engine bay pic??
  10. (N.L.C)

(N.L.C) New Member

nice truck how have you like the V8 so far