1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

V8 Colorado ~ Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by mark.phillips1012, Oct 26, 2009.

1. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nice looking trucks! I am looking at a black one in San Antonio right now. I just wish they came with the 3:73 vs 4:10 gears. It would make a lot more sense to me and be better on mpg.

2. mark.phillips1012

mark.phillips1012 New Member

V8 Colorado

Did you notice that it looks like it should have had an engine cover? That was the first thing that I noticed when I looked under the hood. The Avalanche that I had had a plastic cover in this same area. I guess that there was just not enough room for it.
    You know what that means, we will need an aftermarket 6" cowl hood and what the heck, if we are going to go that much trouble, we might as well throw a blower on top as well !

Mark

3. eastex

eastex New Member

With 4.10 gears, I turn 2100 rpm at 70 mph

4. s10tower

s10tower New Member

thanks still debating on going with a full size or the colorado, just the joy of doing alot of highway driving, and some towing.

5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Great pics those trucks look great! I'd really like to take one out for a spin!!!

6. retired2001

I did finally get my new V8 C/C. It is black and dirty right now. I have had it for it for about 2 months now and really like it. I am averaging about 18mpg, overall. The best was 19mpg on a mostly road trip.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let's breathe life back into this thread!

8. eastex

eastex New Member

I Am now out of the club.

Well, sorry to say, i no longer own the 2010 5.3 Colorado. It was a great truck, just could not make it into all that I wanted it to be. I was a little disappointed when I bought it that I could not get many of the options that are available on a full size but thought that it would be okay. I found myself adding adding a radio with built in gps and looking for a remote start solution among other things and finally decided it would be simpler to just buy a truck that had everything I wanted. I will say the V8 Colorado held its value very well. Local dealer made me a deal I could not refuse on a really loaded Silverado Crew Cab Z71 and that coupled with the GM Card $2000. was more than I could resist. Some days I miss the distinction of having a vehicle that was rather rare on the road, but the Colorado can't compare with the comfort and convenience of the Silverado. As I said earlier, it was a great truck, it just couldn't provide all the creature comforts a 60 year old fart wants.

9. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Anyone out there still own one of these? my good friend (also a tech at a local gm dealer) has got one of these 5.3 colorados, but a 2wd model.. pretty much murdered out. its not a black, but a dark granite metallic color? Also.. one of the first things we did was line his colorado up against my silverado and upon blowing his doors off... we've dug a little bit deeper into the whole smaller truck/same motor but got smoked situation.

He tore into the ECU and found that basically, GM changed the tuning on the truck to keep them from being devilishly fast. Also, we've come to the conclusion that the trucks are basically holding in their farts. lol... the exhaust was in desperate need of being opened up.

If anyone is interested, ill try and get him to join the forum and post some pics of his awesome-looking colorado. (which is actually currently wrecked by an SUV driving uninsured lady running a light) but nontheless.. still a nice lil pickup.

And for those who are thinking about switching from a full size... I personally dont recommend it.. i felt claustrophobic and would get annoyed with the smaller bed eventually.

10. retired2001

I've still got mine and still really like it. I needed the smaller (lighter) truck to tow behind my moitor home. I would enjoy the room of a Silverado, but when you get 6mpg every pound counts!