1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

V8 Colorado ~ Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by mark.phillips1012, Oct 26, 2009.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

haha, i can completely understand where you're coming from then!
  2. mark.phillips1012

mark.phillips1012 New Member

No De-tuning on Mine

I don't know about your friends Colorado, but my 2009 4WD, 4 door, Z71 with the 5.3 runs just fine. In the 1/8th mile, I have never lost to a stock full size Chevy, Ford, or Dodge truck and yes the ones with Hemi's too. The only thing that I have done to mine is drop the "Y" pipe and replace it with a dual inlet, dual outlet series 60 Flowmaster muffler and run Mobile 1 oil and filter in it. If you are ever in Fort Worth and see a black one with plates that say V8COLO, line yours up at a stop light and we will see what you think!

3. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I saw a V8 Colorado at the local dealer. That thing is SICK. Id love to take it for a spin!!!
  4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny New Member

The part with the 350Z definitely overtakes the gas mileage problem.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

if i could find one, id like for a v8 colorado as well.

anyone have a good idea what the tow rating for one is? i know the 5 cylinder version is about 4000 lbs.

Alex
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The tow rateing on mine is 6000#. It is the 4:10 gears along with the +V8 .
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Before getting my Silverado, I looked at both a V8 Colorado and a V8 Dakota. Honestly, if I could have gotten a better deal on the Dakota, I probably wouldn't be a member here. I wasn't impressed with the Colorado's space, even with it being a crew cab. I guess I shouldn't say much since I have an ex cab Ranger which is even worse, but I digress ;)