1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

V8 or I6 ???? I am looking to buy a used trailblazer or envoy. Does one have more pro

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by stockstinks, Dec 17, 2010.

1. stockstinks

stockstinks New Member

V8 or I6 ???? I am looking to buy a used trailblazer or envoy. Does one have more problems than the other?

Does anyone know if one throws heat from the heater sooner after start-up than the other?

How about other issues?

Thanks.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Fron what i know from my buddies (one has had both the I6 and the V8) he prefers the V8 is has more power and still gets good economy. As to the heat i think that is fairly relative since they both heat up pretty quickly.. And it all depends on how cold outside it is up here in MN it takes a mile or two to warm up enough to feel it. this is a jump in and go not letting it warm up which really isnt needed anymore,
  3. stockstinks

stockstinks New Member

That would be great if you could ask your buddy if one throws heat sooner than the other.

Please.... I live in MN too.
    Todd
  4. murdog94

Oh that is what i was saying it takes a mile or two since i have had to use both of them at one time or another and really didnt notice a difference. they both heated up fairly quick.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  6. stockstinks

stockstinks New Member

V8 or I6 ???? I am looking to buy a used trailblazer or envoy. Does one have more problems than the other?

In cold weather does one throw warm air from the heater sooner than the other?

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum eariler.

If you have a opnion, please respond.
    Todd.
  7. murdog94

*********threads merged***********
  8. tt03tbltz

tt03tbltz New Member

go with the V8 either the 5.3 or the ss 6.0 if it were me ide go with the 5.3 4X4 and when the motor blew ide put in the 6.0 and have a sleeper.