Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

vacume leak on throttle body

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by AC`s94chevy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. AC`s94chevy

AC`s94chevy New Member

I have a vacume leak on the bottom of my throttle body and im pretty sure its the seal where the butter fly shaft goes through it.My question is how difficult are they to replace and where can I a diagram of the tbi?Thanks Aaron
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

throttle body is typically easy to replace. as far as a diagram is concerned I dont know but did you try to google it.
  3. AC`s94chevy

AC`s94chevy New Member

I did find a diagram online of the throttle body thats used on my truck.I also gave a wrong description of the shaft where the bad orings are.Its the throttle shaft on the bottom of tb.Has anyone here ever replaced them?Am I going to have to get a complete rebuild kit for the TB?
  4. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

are you sure its shaft end seal?can you move shaft side to side?
  5. AC`s94chevy

AC`s94chevy New Member

Yes Im sure I sprayed carb spray in the area of the shaft and my idle will go up.Its also making a whistling noise from the same area.
  6. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

try to spray lithium at that spot,carb spray just dries things out,what was symptom to go looking there?
  7. AC`s94chevy

AC`s94chevy New Member

Doesnt matter what I spray I even tryed wd40 the symptoms dont go away.