1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vacuum hoses to air distributor

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Pedro, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Pedro

Pedro New Member

So, I'm having issues with the duct work in my 85 chev half ton. When I change the settings on my duct controls (defrost to vent, vent to floor etc.), nothing happens. It has something to do with the vacuum hoses attached to the air distributor (heater core box). I haven't a clue as to where these hoses feed off of or anything. Any information regarding the duct work and the vacuum hoses are much appreciated, thanks. NOTE: I'm not talking about the vacuum hoses on the engine, these are in the cab, just to clarify.
  2. Crazeetxn

Crazeetxn New Member

Pedro - I have a hose coming off the port on the carb, going to a connection through the firewall up to a vacuum switch behind the air controls. Bought a replacement piece only to find out my accuator was bad. The one that's bad is the one behind the big black box. So I have to keep the mixture door propped open till I can get it fixed. Do you hear air leaking when you run through the levers?
  3. Pedro

Pedro New Member

I can't hear any leaks, but I must have one because I have to rev the motor to around 2000 to make any of the vents move. Are you talking about the black box that houses the heater core or the one in the engine the compartment?