1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Van overheated now it riding rough

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by stokely327, Jun 27, 2010.

1. stokely327

stokely327 New Member

Van overheated ... I replaced the cap and rotor button spark plugs and wires. And its still idle rough ... I used a odii scanner and it said muliple misfire .. So i took it to the shop and they said a misfire on 4-6 , the cap might be bad because i use a spider cap and they go bad .. So i replaced it and its still idle rough .... Dont overheat no more but i notice the oil pressure gauge keep dropping after the van heat up ... Help !!!!!!!!!!!!
    van.jpg

2. swedp

swedp Rockstar

have you checked if you loosing water? 4 and 6 cyl are lying against eachother on your right bank,wieving from driverseat. overheating can make a small crack or a beginning broken gasket.try a compression test to see if it shows equall readings or make a coolersystem pressuretest

3. stokely327

stokely327 New Member

Yes i checked and im not losing water ... I think the radiator is bad and the water in the overflow tank is dirty as shyt .... or its cloged and the water isnt flowing properly ... I just drove the van and the tempature gauge stayed at 100 - 160 degrees but after 20 minutes it started to overheat and again the overflow water was dirty ...... No water in the oil or transmission fluid ... Im lost