1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vararam forced air intake?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nightrunn, Jan 27, 2012.

1. nightrunn

nightrunn New Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. mah2496

mah2496 Member

I'm very interested in the vararam intake as well.
  3. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

that does look pretty good. But I gotta wonder, whats it like in heavy rain/ slushy highways and getting pounded with slush flying in the grill?
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Bingo!!! I will tell you that these are made for Corvettes also. The big problem on a vette is water intake in heavy rain. Im not sure if this same problem will occur on the trucks!!!
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know several vette owners with that intake and they love it. As for water - not an issue. You would have to submerge both intakes fully to get water in there. Alot of vette guys install z06 screens over the intakes for vettes..there should be one for your application as well.

The only complaint I have ever heard is some guys dont like how its constructed...but I dont see an issue.
  6. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Keep us posted...think you should get it and write us a review....lol
  7. sstoner911

That intake is located behind your grill on our trucks so water shouldnt be an issue unless you really sink the truck and if you do that it dfoersnt matter what intake you have.... and remember the HP gains they advertise are only with a programmer.
  8. meandmyharley61

meandmyharley61 New Member

I took a look at the vararam website. I have a 2005 silverado 5.3L. The one for that is the vr6 king cobra. but I do not see how it works or set up.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Seems to only be available for 07 and later GM trucks. It also seems to use a custom filter.
  10. sstoner911

They have this one Surreal:

http://www.vararam.com/vr6.html

I
    didnt see it when I first looked at the site. Its kinda burried in the pages.

@meandmyharley61

I would call them and ask how its set up. I cant really tell without maybe seeing your air box and how its set up.