1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vararam forced air intake?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nightrunn, Jan 27, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Yuck. That's hideous!
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

Ya I dont know where it fits in to the intake but its definitely different looking.
  3. meandmyharley61

meandmyharley61 New Member

I sent an email to thier tech support. Asking them if they would send me a diagrahm or a explaination of how unit is hooked up to the intake system. When I hear anything back; I will repost. [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION]...you are right, it is definetly ugly.
  4. vms4evr

vms4evr New Member

As an owner of a 02 Z06 and have run several variations of CAIs on it. The latest Vararam VR-B2 works very well. Their fit and finish used to be very bad and required hacking at to install. The one I have required no hacking or cutting. The fit is still not the greatest but workable. The filter is a pita to remove. It's an gauze style just like all the popular ones. So you really don't need to mess with it often. Their dyno numbers are fairly believable. I like the unit and it does well on track and the street.

That said it looks like they are trying to be creative with trucks they can't just modify that B2 dual feed design to use.

I still think for all practical purposes on the truck that opening the stock air box more, using a K&N or similar filter, and replacing the factory tube to the TB gets the best results for the lowest cost.

Update: Forgot to mention the hydrolock issue. That's an extremely rare and crazy situation. You would have to literally bury the nose in a flood, not a puddle. I actually drive mine in the rain regardless of how hard it is raining, even on track. Never come close to that problem with any CAI I used. On the truck if you have that you would need to be in 4ft or so of water. I think you have bigger problems at that point.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Huh, that's an interesting product. So the question I have is this: If for the NBS silverados they're claiming 25-50 HP with a programmer, what would the HP difference be with the same programmer on a stock system? Additionally, the classic question: If you could get 25-50 HP and 1-3 mpg increase on these trucks with a bolt on, why wouldn't GM install them from the factory?

I will admit though, it's intriguing. No, it's not attractive, but it's interesting.