1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vehicle speed sensor

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by okysmokey911, May 4, 2010.

1. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am still trying to get my speedometer and odometer working again so I am trying to see if anyone on here might be able to help. A while back I took apart my dash to find a frayed wire that thought was causing me some electrical issues. When I put the dash back together and put on my instrument cluster I guess I didnt screw it down tight and my tach stopped working. I tightened down the instrument cluster and the tach started working again, but my speedometer and odometer stopped working. I have tried a million things and nothing has fixed the issue... new instrument cluster, speed sensor, checked the fuses, traced the wires from the speed sensor to the dash and those seem fine. What else could be involved with my issue.

My truck is a 93 k1500 5.7 tbi 5spd with the nv3500