Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

vent air warmer than outside

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bgbird, May 16, 2009.

1. bgbird

bgbird New Member

2004 Silverado extended cab - manual (driver/passenger) heat/air/vent controls
    Is there an adjustable point for the heat/cold? When using the vent (non/ac) the incoming air is warmer than the outside when the slider is all the way down (cold). I'm thinking that it needs to be adjusted so that the heat is totally turned off. Where does the cold/hot slider wire control terminate? and is it adjustable?

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

its supposed to be like that, it comes from the engine bay, which is usually warmer then outside air.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My recollection is that the fresh air is drawn in from the cowl area. If you open the hood it will be easier to see. The air coming out of the vents should be at or near the ambient (outside) air temp. The cabin air filter is on the right side underdash. I don't remember how the heat temp is regulated. It doesn't list a heater control valve for your truck, which if stuck can cause the problem you are having.

4. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Rockstar 100 Posts

well, it'll never be same as ambient. reason being - it travels through the dash, and you just stick your hand anywhere into the dash and feel how much heat is in there.
    also, make sure your vent controls are not on recirculate.

5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

whoops i was wrong, i know that my truck seems to blow hotter air then outside. and its always done that from the factory