vent visors question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by spazzoid13, Jan 29, 2009.

1. spazzoid13

spazzoid13 Rockstar

Who has them?
    do you have the in-channel kind or the stick on kind?
    what kind do you like better?
    im thinking about getting some, but want to know who has what kind, and what kind they prefer, if one is better than the other.

what are some pros/cons that each of you see/get with them?

thanks for all the info!

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the beast is on the second set of stick on, the first ones the stickiness let go and were a pain in the butt to remove but I coudnt find in-channel for my year, my buddy has the in-channel on his Z71 Tahoe and loves them, hasnt had any problems

3. spazzoid13

spazzoid13 Rockstar

im curious becuase someone i know had the in-channel ones, but said during the winter, if there was any salt/sand by your window, it would cause it to scratch your window due to the pressure of the visor being in the same channel.

just curious if anyone has had problems with either kind.

also, does it seem to move air as much/more/less than just cracking your window? and hows the sound with them when it is open up at high way speeds?

4. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got the stick on kind and have had no problems with them at all. The secret is to make sure the area is really clean. I wiped the surface with rubbing alchohol before I installed the Vent Visors. They have now been on for more than 5 years and are just as firm as they were the day I installed them.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  5. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

The inchannels look better - I prefer the Putco Element units. The stick ons adhere better if applied correctly on Chevys (because of the felt weatherstripping the in channels are "supposed" to stick to). As far as brands for the stick ons - they're all the same. They all use the same 3m adhesive as well.

6. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have or have had the stick on ones on about 5 different cars and trucks. Just love em'. Great for the sudden rain we can have here Calgary during summer.

Like Jacqson said, make sure the area is clean and that it is not to cold when you install them.

7. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have in channel ones i love the look of them i haven't heard any noise from them on highway speeds and you still get wind just not as direct and keeps the rain out.. i haven't had any scratching from them either

8. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

I have the in-channel ones for almost all of my vehicles. On the Yukon I have AVS brand. On others I've had WeatherTech. I like the in-channel way more because of the way it looks and I've never had a problem with salt or gravel on the windows in the winter. When installed, the vent visor only touches maybe 1/4 inch of the edge of the glass anyway.

I posted pictures and comments about my install here:
    http://istargazer.blogspot.com/2008/08/gmc-yukon-xl-denali-first-mod-avs.html

9. spazzoid13

spazzoid13 Rockstar

hmm, i will keep that in mind..good thing i read that, will prob be getting here soon, thanks.