Vent Visors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by silverado2008, Nov 3, 2008.

1. silverado2008

silverado2008 New Member

I am looking at the AVS vent visors inchannels. What has been your experience with them. The last ones i had have been the 3m tape kind they were fine but looked cheesy taped to the side of my other truck. Do the in channels make noise or mess up the wheather stripping.

2. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

I have them on my Yukon and they work great. It's easy to install. They still use tape, though, just on the inside so you can't see it.

3. silverado2008

silverado2008 New Member

Sweet thanks I will pick some up

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When I bought my truck new at the dealership, part of the accessory package it had were the GM smoked vent visors. The are the stick on kind and have been great and no tape is visible.

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had them on the '96 Silverado I had and ended up throwing them away. The ones I had didn't use tape, but stayed in place w/o any problems. The only thing is that they actually channeled rain water into the door and kept the carpet wet. It took me a while to figure where the water was coming from, but I couldn't get them to quit screwing up my carpet.

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There is virtuallly no price difference from AVS and GM. Unless you are going with chrome I'd take a look at what the dealer has. Chances are its a better fit.

7. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

"I had them on the '96 Silverado I had and ended up throwing them away. The ones I had didn't use tape, but stayed in place w/o any problems.

The only thing is that they actually channeled rain water into the door and kept the carpet wet."
    Hmmm, that sounds like a problem to me! :lol:

Luckily, I haven't encountered that at all. My problem is with the actual shape of the side glass:

[media]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/istargazer/Denali%20XL/AVS_ventvisor_gap.jpg[/media]
    Because GM rounded the corners, if I lower the window a bit too much during heavy rain, I get hit on the side of my head with a bit of water:LOL:. But I figure that would happen with any brand of visors.

8. BlueDrago

BlueDrago New Member

Check out these window vents from WeatherTech.
    http://www.weathertech.com/store/product.aspx?ItemGroupId=4

They are in-channel mounted - NO tape. A bit tricky to install cuz of pressure fit in the rubber channel. Take your time so as not to damage the vent and or the window rubber. But once you get one in, the other is a snap. Very clean look with a secure fit.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  9. ussra2

ussra2 New Member

I have the AVS in channel visors on my truck and they look great and keep water out. I don't have any problems with em.

10. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

The GM ones dont fit any better than the AVS ones....who do you think makes them FOR GM? Its called private labeling. They are EXACTLY the same thing.... go with the less expensive one.