1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vertical doors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by GoDawgs1990, May 2, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. GoDawgs1990

GoDawgs1990 New Member

Does anybody on this site have them? If so are you pleased or did they end up being pointless. As I said in a few other posts I'd like to take my truck to some truck shows with friends so anything I could do to give my truck an edge would be nice.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Send user jeffro2004 a message, he has vertical doors on his truck.
  3. GoDawgs1990

GoDawgs1990 New Member

Alright thank you.
  4. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member 100 Posts

dont do it! i have never seen a set that didnt destroy the doors and rocker panels.....no matter how much it cost or who makes the kit, they always but everything up and it only takes a slight breeze to bend the hinges
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I saw a guy with a Tahoe who had them done on all 4 doors, and they looked good. He also had 22's and although they looked sharp he said they rode real harsh. What about shaving the door handles?
  6. GoDawgs1990

GoDawgs1990 New Member

It's just an idea I'm throwing up in the air, I ordered a black rivet mesh grille, black bowtie, and chrome handles (just the actual handle part) so I'm going to see what all that looks like and I might just leave the exterior alone after this.
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I dont recommend them either for a daily driver, although while I was in California I did see one shop who had good luck with the kit they used....

http://www.verticalrides.com/product/GT-Factory-180-Degree-Suicide-Door-Kit/Default.aspx

But as clgoch187 mentioned 99% of the guys with Lambo doors who use it as a daily driver end up hating it. Either they dont open smooth, damage fenders when they come unaligned etc...

Shaved doors are a pain too .... if the door popper malfunctions you are locked out of your truck...if you dont have a second battery and your battery dies your locked out....if your remote is lost or fails your locked out..

You get the idea.
  8. GoDawgs1990

GoDawgs1990 New Member

Yea I drive it alot so who knows what I'll do. I just went to the "how to" section and found some pretty awesome projects I think I would like to work on.
  9. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member 100 Posts

i had door poppers on my old probe and loved em, you gotta be smart when you install it. i put my battery in the truck (which could always be opened with a key) and put my relays in my glove box instead of inside the doors so i didnt have to tear my doors down when they died. and a hide a key is a must on anything with shaved handles.

on a truck like yours id suggest making a hood release you can get to from under the bumper and running a 6 channel set up so you can use your remote to run the windows up and down in case a relay goes
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts