very annoying problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by reggiecab2000, Dec 10, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys,
    anyone know what to say on this?

photo.jpg

a couple times ive lifted my truck up at discount tire, and by a jack like this picture, and I always have noticed that my passenger tire comes off well before my driver tire.... finally snapped a picture of it.
    is this related to the GM lean as well? (which i do have by the way)
    can anyone comment on why this is? or perhaps something that can be fixed.
    thanks

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It could be the perspective of the picture, but it looks like the jack is not centered. It looks closer to the passenger side. The passenger side headlight looks higher than the drivers side. Measure the distance from the ground to the frame on both sides. If it is even then I would say you may have an issue. If it is not even (I am guessing that the passenger side is higher) then you just don't have the jack centered.

3. reggiecab2000

the jack was centered, it was right on what i presume is the skid plate mount on the crossmember. it was dead center on that for sure. but like i said it aint just this time, ive noticed this a couple time before, even on our floor lifts at discount tire

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Could be because there is more weight on that side. The front differential is on the drivers side. Mine always does it. I never let it bother me.

5. reggiecab2000

well my truck is only 2wd, so no differential on the front of mine. ill measure it again tomorrow to be sure that everything is even, maybe just the battery and fuse box is enough weight to do that? (if weight happens to be the problem)