1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Very Sweet Lifted Cladded Av for sale.. Check this out!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks pretty nice overall, looks like a lot of money spend on the suspension. Just needs wider rims and bigger tires and lose those steps.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

IMHO there's such a thing as going too far with visual mods ... and I feel that truck has several examples of it. I guess I prefer more subtlety, as what's been done to that truck is (to me) in the same class as putting big shiny 24's with spinners, stretched low profile tires, and undercarriage lights (aka ghetto lights) on a current-year Camaro.
  4. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah maybe that fits some people, but for me I wouldn't even think about buying that. It's all about what you like though.
  5. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Definitely too skinny looking for my taste. I agree with ChromeSilver02, it needs bigger and wider tires.

I am also not a fan of painting parts of the interior with a clashing color like the blue against the grey...but that is just my $0.02...lol
  6. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Oh, my. I am a "Form Follows Function" type. So we start with a vehicle that is a conglomeration of limited functions, then add boy racer style and gingerbread to it? Does this thing come with a giant Matchbox?
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Awesome suspension and front bumper. I like the hood. It needs wider tires. Other than that I could do without the other mods especially the tail lights and painted dash/steering wheel. Someone had money burning a hole in his pocket and no friends or family to tell him that is truck had become a rolling joke. The smiles he sees on peoples faces when he drives by is not because they like it, it is because they are laughing at it. I have seen some of the mods he has before, mostly on ricers!
  8. a.graham52

a.graham52 Rockstar 100 Posts

wow gag me. hate the stance. just hate it. too tall tand too narrow. and is it just me or did it look like the rear suspencion has 6 shocks?

on a nother note... where can you find those front shock braces that goes over the engine and how well do they work?
  9. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think it would look cool if the wheels/tires matched the size of the truck better. That being said, I wouldn't have it as my vehicle. I like my avalanche for its practicality. The lift defeats that. To me, anything above about 4" of lift starts to make it less practical because its harder to reach the bed, you need a drop hitch which are almost always rated for less weight than the truck can tow, etc.

For me, I'd rather spend the money building a stock-looking 2500 Avalanche with a duramax. It's unique, its a big mod people generally don't expect, its not flashy, and it would be practical to have an avalanche that could tow 12,000 lbs when you need to and get 20+ mpg on the highway when you don't.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

In NJ if you can get away with the left The tires Have to be under the fenders to pass all tests..But I think he will need a lower front bumper...