very upset! (heater core!)

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by reggiecab2000, Dec 31, 2013.

1. rr1963

rr1963 New Member

You could try bypassing the heater by disconnecting both lines to the core and connecting them together until you have a chance to fix it properly. You would have to consider that you would not have a heater and it's been pretty cold this week.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

One item I would mention, and that is when removing parts, taking Pictures as you go, so that you have some Reference as this will help when installing everything back together......when removing, Bolts...Nuts etc, put them Clear Plastic Bags and Label the Bags.

3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

so i can finally update this thread with pictures thanks to the update!

i successfully did it you guys!
    and every single screw and bolt was accounted for :)
    took another week before i got my AC vacuumed out and recharged, and everything is working flawlessly!
    IMG_4539 (640x480).jpg

IMG_4540 (640x480).jpg

IMG_4543 (640x480).jpg

IMG_4544 (640x480).jpg

oh and the "heater hose quick disconnect tool", was such a piece of crap, we dont hardly have space before the firewall to get it behind those connectors anyway, but they were so old they both broke off anyway, so had to get new ones.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I knew you could do it, you don't have to be ASE certified to be able to make a major repair to your own vehicle. This proves it, you should be proud of yourself. When I did the heater core in my Colorado, the heater hose connectors also broke on mine. I have the disconnect tool that you speak of, and It actually does work good in some situations lol!!

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on the repair and getting it done properly so you know it will last now.

6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

thanks for the kudos guys,
    I also replaced the horribly deteriorated cabin air filters as well,
    also everything is still working awesome :)

1 person likes this.