1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Very Wierd

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by sc99z71, Dec 22, 2009.

1. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok, just went through a touch free(high preassure) car wash and something weird happened. I drive out of the wash and the engine sputtered a little bit until I gave it gas and then went away. Also, when driving the tranny would not go into OD, shifting fine otherwise just wouldn't go into OD. Went through a couple of stop lights of shifting up and down, still no OD. It wan't unitl while at speed OD would normally kick in I dropped the tranny manually into 3 let it downshift and then back into D and it shifted into OD like normal. Does it have something to do with the high preassure? Anybody else had this happen?:neutral:
  2. sc99z71

bump........nobody!?!
  3. jnbascom

jnbascom New Member

Sounds like the MAF sensor picked up some water causing the engine to sputter at idle and trans not to shift correctly. Remove the sensor, dry it out or use some MAF cleaner made by CRF, replace and it should work good. Remember to disconnect the negative battery cable before doing any electrical repairs. Try it and post your results.
  4. sc99z71

Will do.......thanks!

and

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  5. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

ya i would agree, maybe when u went over the underbody spayer it hit the air filter and sucked up a litte bit of water. if it happens again let us know!
  6. sc99z71

This is actually the second time this has happened, well at least with the idling deal it didn't do the shifting thing last time.
  7. sc99z71

Well I cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner but my CEL is on now saying that Bank 1 and Bank 2 is running lean. Maybe O2 sensors???? I have replaced the rear 2 but not the front 2 yet. Could these front 2 be bad, the truck does have 123k on it. Also have red some posts that it could be the Intake Manifold gasket (seems to be a very popular problem). Is the intake gasket something a semi decent wannabe mechanic can do??? I have done multiple brake jobs, put my 3" RC lift on, and simple stuff but never anything like manifold gaskets.