1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

vht night shade?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 5speedsilverado, Aug 29, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

where do you guys get it? i checked checkers today, and they said they never heard of it. would home depot carry it?
  2. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I've actually never seen it in a store but i see it everywhere online. once you get it post up pics. I'm interested in how well this stuff works.
  3. wolfrivercc

wolfrivercc Member

the stuff works great. i had it on my canyon taillights. the key is sand, paint, clear. it looked awsum. i got miine from autozone. they had to order it but check there and advance. if not you can always just order it online
  4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ebay has them.

any black paint should work.

wetsand
    black
    clearcoat
  5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Really? did you do your tail lights? i also wanted to do the inside of my headlights over where the reflector is
  6. dsrtne1

I don't know about the black paint. Night shade is supposed to be more transparent when the lights light up.
  7. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

any black paint wont work i used vht and that works but the black out tail light paint has a percentage of clear coat in it to dilute it or some thing my painter buddy was telling me. at least when you use a compressor and sprayer thats how it works from what he says
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thats not what my taillights say, also its not regular paint, its the same black thats on my truck and its really thick.

They are just as bright as regular stock ones.

ill let them speak for themself.

Automotive pain before this i used rattle can spray and were lighter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. dsrtne1

Looks good 2tone! Before it wasnt high priority on my list but now i want to black out my tails! I may go ahead and give the black spray paint a try. Will they be somewhat shiny with clear coat?
  10. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

I read all about this in another forum & I will be doing it in the near future!