Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vibration @40 mph

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 783, Aug 22, 2012.

1. 783

783 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I have a 2004 GMC 2500 HD with a 6.0 liter, at 40mph it starts to vibrate, mainly felt in the seat. The vibration is pretty strong from 40 to 55mph, then it lightens up. I had the tire balanced and moved around from front to back,the engine and transmission mounts, u joints, ball joints and the engine at a cost of $500.
    All checks out good!
    The mechanic is know guessing, he is telling me that the bushing at the end of the transfer case is going bad? ( where the yoke and drive shaft connect.)
    Can anyone help before I go bankrupt....

Thanks...
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

3. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY Member

When you rotated the tires did it seem to changed were the shaking coming from you may have to get your tires trued you may have an out of round or belt in the tire seperate
  4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

now that i'm thinking about it, this happened to me in my last GM car. I will try and look up the receipt but I know it had to do with some thing in the searing column. In my case it was but same thing you described.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is the vibration in the front? Wheel hub? axle shaft?
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Do you have factory or after-market wheels?
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm at a bit of a loss, myself, on your issue but wanted to take a moment to welcome you to GMTC. Good luck getting the issue resolved!
  8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It might be your tie-rod ends that's one of the reasons my truck shakes like crazy on the highway. If you have play in the steering while driving a speed I'd check that out. Usually you can feel the front end shaking more than the rear.
  10. 783

783 New Member

Thanks for the respond, when we rotated the tires there was no change in the vibration.