1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vibration at 120km's.

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Bilzner, Sep 10, 2005.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Bilzner

Bilzner New Member

Hello fellow Chevy owners, Awesome club!.

I have a 1995 GMC Yukon. I just recently got both U-Joints and rear and front seals replaced because of a leak. I thought that this would fix the problem of vibration, but it didn't work. I took the truck back and they balanced the drive shaft which seemed to work a little better although a vibration remains at the speed of 120 km's per hour. I would overlook this vibration but it is horribly annoying.

Could anyone help me out with this? suggestions? What other things should I look at? Please help, any reply would be humbly appreciated.

A fellow Yukon enthusiast.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

sorry, too lazy to look that up in MPH. :)

Was about to say that you shouldn't expect it to be smooth going 120!
  3. impaladave

impaladave New Member

Did you do any gear swaps? Usually a swap to 3:73 or 4:10 will require new drive shafts. Does it feel like a drivetrain issue, or could it be in the front end?

Dave
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Have you looked into things like wheels and tires? Alignment, etc?