Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

vibration at 40mph

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by leftywoody, Feb 19, 2012.

1. leftywoody

leftywoody New Member

I have a 2007 GMC 1/2 2wd V6 Auto 96000miles . I just bought it last month . It runs and drives great with the exception of a very light vibration at 40mph . If I am driving through slow traffic and not accelerating and not decelerating just more or less coasting at around 40 mph it vibrates in the steering wheel ,seat ,and floor pan, as a harmonic vibration would feel . It comes right out of it and stops vibrating if I accelerate even slightly ,or brake even slightly . This is a very light vibration and sound ,yet still is annoying . It almost feels like I am driving on those ridges cut in the pavemant at the right side of the road when you accidently veer off your driving lane ? Any help would be welcome on this .
  2. Josh

Josh Member 100 Posts

this may sound stupid. but i wonder if its your u joints in the driveshaft. cause under accel the joint has pressure on it so its not rumbling let off and coast and it rattles. trust me they get noisy u can feel it up ur spine. grab the shaft and wiggle it back n forth. is it coming from the right side front or back or left side front or back? if u even know where its originating.
  3. leftywoody

leftywoody New Member

Well the u's are fine . And the noise I heard from worn u's is much differant than the noise I get from this truck . I have found many articles on frame vibration or frame beaming . And replacing the rear cab rubber mounts was one option . I crawled under and took a peak . By the rear cab mounts is an additional stabilizer strap running from cab to frame . It is quite beefy and looks like a GM added thought to stiffin the connection at that point of the cab . From what I have read, my viberation problem is quite minor compared to others descriptions . The fix that has been offered by Gm is a set of redesigned rubber mounts to take the place of the factory installed mounts . With about an 80% noise reduction . I am wondering if I am already at the best it can be being as my noise is so minor compared to others . What a dilema .
  4. Josh

Josh Member 100 Posts

i have vibrations in mine and i just dont mind it. i have 33s so its a whiny noisy ride haha. if its killin yah id fix it but hey if it aint broke dont fix it.