1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vibration at 70-75?? Tires or something worse

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by alkaspeltzar, Mar 30, 2011.

1. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

Okay, so I have a 2010 5.3 6 speed z71 silverado.

Anyways, when I am driving down the road crusing about 70-75mph, the truck has a small vibration through the gas pedal. Any speed above or below it and it goes away.

Now I live in minnesota so it is cold here. I am curious if it is temperature related to the tires since when it gets to 40-50 outside, it doesn't do it. I also have had the tires rotated and balance, and they are slightly cupped and feathered on the outer edge(cheap factory tires). Could it just be the tires?

Just hoping I shouldn't be looking at anything else like U-joints(they all feel solid) or thinking about the rearend or something like that.

let me know if you have any idea? Thanks
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

id say tires... especially since up here the rubber gets cold and takes longer to warm up. plus on every new chevy i bought i had the same slight vibration till i put a new set of rubber on thanks to GM installing very cheap tires.
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would have to agree with the previous post that this is likely to be from the tires. If you find later that this is not the issue, please feel free to contact me by private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You said the tires are cupped? There's your problem. Never underestimate the effect tires have on the ride of your vehicle, they are the link between your car and the road.
  5. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I had a feeling it is my tires. I have had the vehicle inspected at the dealership a couple times for it, and they have not found anything out of the ordinary. That and this morning i just saw I am missing a full lug on one tire, like a pot-hole or something ripped it off. heck, that could do it.

And I agree with Murdog94, everytime I buy a new vehicle, it has an amazing ride after the first set of tires. Looking to be getting some Michelin LTX's again, love them on trucks!!!

Thanks again!