Vibration at all speeds

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by halisa, Jul 3, 2009.

1. halisa

halisa New Member

I have recently bought a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban which is very nice, however I have an issue with a vibration of the truck while travelling at all speeds. I can stop the vibration by accelerating but as soon as the acceleration stops the vibration comes back. The steering wheel does not vibrate it is actually the truck body itself. I have put new tires and had them balanced and the problem still exists. Please help.

2. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

UV joints on the drive shaft.... I would start there.

you didn't say if you had 4x4 or not either.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

x2.

And make sure the yokes on the driveshaft are not worn. The u joint bearing cups need to be very tight in the yoke.

4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

x3, i read about this on a differant forum :)

5. halisa

halisa New Member

Thanks

It is a 4 wheel Drive. I will be checking the u-joints today. The truck has 120,000 miles on it so I might just change the u-joints as a preventative measure even though they may not be bad. Thanks again and keep the good ideas coming.

I am also going to search again to look for another post dealing with this. I did not see it when I searched before.

6. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Had the same problem with my truck only because the person that owned it before me is an idiot. Someone in the past put a salvage yard drive shaft on it so there were two different u joints and they vibrated so much that it ruined my pinion seal and I had no diff fluid after a while.