1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

vibration??? hub bearing???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dshewy14, Sep 27, 2009.

1. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok so i done replaced the drivers side hub assembly bout a month ago, anyways i was on my way home this morning and i noticed the vibration inmy floor(kinda felt like a rubbing). the only time u can really feel it is at 50mph or better. so i jacked the pass side up and started checking. when i jaked it up it did kinda tilt in but i dont have no play in it. so i dnt know if its just starting to go bad or if its somethin else. any suggestions???? thanks
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like a wheel balance issue. Could be a flat spot in the tire, but those are usually more noticeable at low speeds and go away when the tires warm up. Try a light pressure on the brakes when you feel the vibration and see if it lessens or goes away. That would narrow it down to the balance issue. You might even consider having the wheel/tire balanced on the car to take into account the entire rotating mass. If you do, be sure to make a reference mark between the rotor/wheel in case you have to remove the wheel. That way you can put the wheel back with the same orientation.
  3. dshewy14

thnks for the input
  4. dshewy14

i tired slowly putting the brakes on but it didn't lesson nore go away until i got down below about 50...so whats that mean