Vibration noise when turning right only

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by goatruckman, Jun 13, 2010.

1. goatruckman

goatruckman New Member

Hello all! Have a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71 4x4. 3 Days ago a noise started when I turn only right. It sounds like I'm driving over very fine rumble strips. Only does it from about 30 MPH and doesnt seem to get any louder as I go faster. It does very well seem as if the sound gets faster paced, but not scaled.(when going 30 the sound is not half, of when I am cruising 60) Truck has the extended warranty, but really don't want to deal with the dealership unless I have to. Any thoughts as to what I can check out? I've checked fluids, tire pressure and for debris.

The sound almost sounds as if my Michellin LTX tires has a baseball card scraping against the treads. Best way for me to describe the sound.

Thanks in advance for all your responses. I've done quite a bit of searching, but have not seen anyone with the sound as I have referred to.

P.s. I feel no vibration in the cab what so ever. Just a light humming/vibration noise.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check the left front wheel bearing.

3. goatruckman

goatruckman New Member

Well went out and was about to jack up the front end, and found out what the noise was.

I said it sounded like someone had a basedball card on my tire, it was my black plastic fender well cover. I found out why the air dam was on there! I took off my air dam 3 days ago, around the time I started hearing the noise! Somehow the air was blowing into the weel and caused my tires to rub a little bit on it.

Anyone know of a way to secure it a little more better?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, that's easier to deal with than a wheel bearing....